I use this site to house a variety of posts, categorized by the tabs in the menu at the top of the blog.:
- Flash Fiction, my genre or writing style. Stories tend to be vignettes or memoir-like. Much is left to the reader’s imagination. That is the nature of flash fiction – a story in less than 1,000 words.
- Musings, a little of self-reflection, observations, and random thoughts.
- Table for Two, a series of Flash Fiction stories that relate to one-another. The setting is a restaurant, on Main Street, in a small town. The story begins in 1966 and follows a cast of characters through time. When appropriate, historical events are folded into the story-line.
- Fearlessness. Some posts are based on personal experiences. Others are topics I felt compelled to write about.
- Ryan and Me is a collaborative effort with a great-nephew.
- Botswana is about my time in the Peace Corps.
Originally from Michigan, I graduated from Central Michigan University with a BS in English. I moved around for a while and lived in Indiana, New Jersey, and New York City before settling in Florida for 24 years. Once there I kept moving but spent most of my time on the gulf-side of the state. I also returned to school and received an MA in Adult and Community Education from the University of South Florida.
I’ve worked as a training designer and developer in retail, banking, and healthcare. Eventually, I became a consultant and continued doing the same work with many Fortune 500 companies. For a time, in the middle of my consulting years, I managed a yoga center and taught yoga for seniors and special needs children. Then it was time to return to Michigan to care for my parents. After they both passed on, I stayed in Michigan and worked for a non-profit as Community Development Manager. That was followed by the Peace Corps, which is where this blog site started.
I hope you enjoy this site!